Don’t Allow The FEAR of Others
to Determine Your Path in Life!
How often is it, that you turn to the aid of others to help make a pivotal decision in your life? Perhaps you want to quit your job and start a new career, maybe you’d like to go back to school, or you’d like to make your life-long dream come true – sell your home, buy an RV and travel the country!
However, though some people might encourage you to make these changes, there are many others who will try to convince you that these are craziest ideas you have ever had! But before these people put a shadow of doubt in your mind …consider this:
If you rely on others to make the pivotal decisions with respect to your life, what makes you so sure the decision you make based on their belief is the right one for you? Or that is somehow more sound than the voice of your own inner spirit.
Who do they rely upon to make the decisions in their life? Is it the media (oh, help us!), television sitcoms (LOL), the news (whether right or left), superstition (maybe), or worse yet… their own fear (hmmm)? Now we are getting somewhere!
The reasoning for their decision ‘for you’ (though usually with good intentions) is likely based on their “perception” of life via their own life experiences… and fear is nearly always the reason for negative reactions to change.
And obviously, their perception is very different than any decision you would make, which is based on your perception of your life from your eyes. Because the truth is, there are no two people who ever see (or perceive) the EXACT same thing— it is impossible. This is due to the following reasons:
- You are not on someone else’s path; you are only on YOUR path.
- What you interpret as truth is only from your level of consciousness and awareness, while others are at THEIR level of consciousness and awareness; thus, their truth.
- Only you can ever know what’s best for you because it is ‘you’ that must learn and grow from experiences.
- No one can see the view from your eyes, and no one can feel the attached emotions to that view other than you…your perception of what you see is unique to you.
And probably the most important reason of them all:
- Fear is a self-generated limitation imprinted by the limitations of others.
The fear I’m speaking of here is not the “RUN, there’s an enormous monster behind you!”
No, the fear I’m speaking about here is the never-ending parade of thoughts that sound something like this:
- If I mess up, then they’ll think I’m stupid
- If I don’t win, then they’ll be let down
- If I don’t do this for a career, then they’ll be disappointed
- If I do this or that, then they won’t love me anymore
- If I ___________ (you fill in the words), then they’ll think ___________ (which is usually something negative).
I think you’ll agree this list could go on and on. We each have our words to fill in the blanks, but the outcome is the same…
As you experience life, there are times when change is the necessary next step in your life in order to continue your growth, and with that next step comes some sort of change. And for some people, any change is a source of fear; in other words, overcoming this fear their challenge in life…not necessarily yours.
So, when you feel a pull from your inner spirit, compelling you to make a change in your life…and if you do look to others for council, just don’t lose sight of your own inner voice. Advice can be priceless, but it can also be a distraction by persuading you away from the needs of your soul…
So I’ll ask the question again…who’s in control of your life?
The answer… and let’s say it out loud… I AM!