An easy and healthy meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week!
Spinach has become a very popular salad base as it is packed with powerful nutrients such as Vitamin K, iron, folic acid, and calcium. It is also an alkaline-producing food that helps to regulate the body’s ph. The spinach is well paired with the healthy unsaturated oil content of the avocados and the “good” bacteria found in the yogurt.
Adding the sharp flavor of the radishes, the heat of the chili pepper and the protein found in the peanuts makes this salad an easy and healthy meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week!
Lastly, whether you love or dislike cilantro (Love Cilantro? Hate Cilantro?), you will enjoy the taste and feel of this salad. The combined flavor of the cilantro and lemon make for a smooth and complimentary dressing.
- 1 chili pepper—you choose the sweetness or heat!
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup plain organic yogurt
- ½ lemon, zest, and juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- baby spinach
- sliced onion to taste
- broccoli sprouts
- ½ avocado
- 2 radishes sliced thinly
- ¼ chopped walnuts
- Preheat over to 450 degrees
- Place whole chili peppers on a small baking sheet and bake on the top oven rack turning often until the skins begin to blacken. Approx. 10 minutes.
- Remove peppers from oven and let them sit until warm to the touch.
- Peel and remove skins from the peppers and slice into thin strips discarding the seeds.
- Combine cilantro yogurt, lemon, garlic, dill, salt and pepper and process in a blender until smooth.
- Divide spinach, avocado, sprouts, radishes and chili peppers among four plates, drizzle dressing over salad and top with chopped peanuts.
And remember…Always Organic! Enjoy!