A Healthy Light Meal Perfect Anytime!
There is much attention given to the health benefits of salmon lately. Not only does it have a high content of omega-3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation and protect against heart disease, it is also loaded with Vitamin B12, selenium and protein.
Remember, use only wild caught Alaskan salmon to avoid the potential contaminants found in farm raised fish.
- 2 pounds wild salmon
- ⅓ cup pure organic maple syrup
- 2 ½ tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pinch of Salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Place salmon fillet in baking dish sprayed with olive oil. Season with salt.
- In a small saucepan, simmer maple syrup, mustard and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and cayenne pepper and remove from heat.
- Spoon ½ of the glaze over salmon and bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until it flakes when fork inserted. Spoon the rest of the glaze over salmon and serve immediately.
- Serves 2.