17 Comments

1. belyndaverges@gmail.com' Belynda Verges
    Sep 21, 2014 @ 12:16:45

I was told I had Fibromyalgia 16 years ago and was put on 45mg of Narco daily. I lost the job I loved and could not even get out of bed for the first three years. For years I had to walk with a cane. Before I was active but now I was in bad shape and told there was nothing that could be done. For other reasons just recently I started eating Organic and added Magnesium to my vitamins. With Narco I got about 50% relief but it cause a host of other problems. After one month of eating Organic and taking supplements regular I have 75% relief. I can not believe that the doctors put me on strong pain meds for 14 years (and told me I needed to take them forever) but did not suggest changing my diet or taking supplements. I was not even aware I was eating GMO’s until this last summer. Thanks for this article. it confirms I am on the right path.

2. Dr. Michelle Kmiec
    Sep 22, 2014 @ 10:01:07

Thanks for sharing your story! You are definitively on the right path and I believe that you will get to 100% pain free!

3. Tashamackenzie@hotmail.co.uk' Natasha Mackenzie
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 18:56:59

Hello can you please please tell me how much supplements u should take for myofascial pain syndrome this is ruining my life an I’m only 26! Had it for 10 years after an abusive boyfriend gave me stress please email me with any information to get rid of this horrible syndrome 🙁

4. ladyfiremedic2001@yahoo.com' Paula J Settle
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 09:52:27

While I couldn’t agree more that nutritional deficits/depletion contribute to a host of syndromes and diseases, I believe that more importantly the bombardment of toxic heavy metals (found in herbicides and pesticides that have infiltrated our food and water supplies, but to mention the air we breath) is an even greater cause for concern.

5. ckramer400@gmail.com' C
    Nov 23, 2015 @ 19:20:36

They don’t make money unless they are prescribing or cutting so nutrition is really of no help to the “for profit” medical business. I got talked out of a completely healthy organ from these quacks, all that did was give me more pain, still don’t know what is wrong with me, and I have since then been alienated by the UW Madison Hospital facilities until I change health care providers. I can go check myself into the ER day after day, after day, nothing, eventually they will just tell me, don’t come back, we have nothing to offer you, they do offer to get you to sign papers so they can harvest your organs if you die, very sick and twisted industry.

6. ahsanaasia@gmail.com' aasia
    Jan 11, 2016 @ 09:44:06

Please tell me also what to take for myofascial pain syndrome.I have severe pain in low back, hips and legs since 2 years with sleep disturbance. I dont want to take prescription meds.Can anyone suggest what supplements to take and the dosage .Thanks

7. candice.lee.stewart.cls@gmail.com' Candice
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 01:37:23

i am really looking ot know how much of these supplements are required for Chronic myofasial pain i am soon to be 30 and have been suffering since my daughter was born and shes lost having a normal childhood i am desperate and disgusted by all of this prescrtion drugs. Orgaincfood and sugarless diet isnt an issue or has t ever been we always eat clean what do i do

8. ccoghlan@cox.net' claudia
    Jun 06, 2016 @ 11:27:52

How much magnesium should a person take for myofacial pain syndrome. You also mention vitamin d and b12 but do not say how much is needed?

9. suziemoseley@gmail.com' Suzie
    Jun 09, 2016 @ 16:43:55

I would like to suggest at the minimum taking a high quality multi-vitamin and multi-mineral I found liquid to be the best, even though it is more expensive. You might also want to look into heavy metal poisoning. Adding the multi’s to my daily routine along with iodine and a separate dose of D3 helped some, but when I started using EDTA, a metal chelator, I started seeing a huge difference in my muscle knots and pain. Good luck to all!

10. prioris@excite.com' prioris
    Jul 10, 2016 @ 14:23:01

(RLS) Restless Leg Syndrome is caused by INFLAMMATION. There Is a website that shows the real cause and solution. It is http://www.rlcure.com.

I took magnesium for years and it help some. My RLS is very sensitive to sugar too. It wasn’t until I was feeling deathly and magnesium not working that I had to find other ways to address it. I take antioxidants etc and limit my sugar. Go to that website.

11. Dr. Michelle Kmiec
    Jul 10, 2016 @ 14:35:55

Hello, I agree 100% that the “real” cause is inflammation – spot on! However, for many simply addressing simple deficiencies (magnesium as only one) is a major relief! The solution however is finding balance in all the three major components of health: Physical, Nutritional, and Emotional (for many, this one is key). That is what I addressed to reduce inflammation to cure myself 100% from MS and anxiety! Thanks again for your comment and for the link to your fav website – all are welcome here! 😀

12. elena_friedman@yahoo.com' Elena Friedman
    Oct 26, 2016 @ 21:11:31

I enjoyed learning about nutrition. My husband has a frozen shoulder and has been diagnosis complex pain syndrome left hand this is the complication after he had a colonoscopy and the doctor perforated his colon had emergency surgery in February 2016 left with a bag. August 2016 the doctor connected his colon but now he develop left frozen shoulder and the left hand is swallow so they did an MRI and has was diagnosed with complex pain syndrome i would like to know how to treat him with natural products he is taking multi vitamins iron, magnesium B12 omega, antioxidant vitamin C 1000 ml Indian clay for the hand what else can i do to help. Please help

13. rauschcarrie@hotmail.com' Carrie
    Nov 30, 2017 @ 16:53:42

Certainly it is always good to start with diet and nutrition, but it is really devastating to someone like me who has tried everything holistic over the years, but because of genetics and nerve damage from surgeries, I am in chronic pain. It’s so hard for us who do it all right and still have so much pain. Surely we cannot choose to go on like this forever when we have exhausted all of the holistic diet, nutrition, and supplements over years time. Sometimes, you just have to take prescription medicines but always very cautiously and after you have exhausted all other options.

14. Online Holistic Health
    Dec 01, 2017 @ 11:16:45

Hi Carrie! You bring up excellent points. Certainly, surgeries can be very destructive to the body resulting in scar tissue and unfortunately nerve damage – both issues resulting in inflammation and chronic pain. However, that was not the focus of this particular article. This article focused on those who are overly prescribed pharmaceuticals and who would greatly benefit from the nutrients they desperately need to relieve them of the pain. And there are many studies that support this conclusion (the article linked some of the studies).

No doubt pharmaceuticals dull the pain receptors and that can bring much-needed relief! And that is more than understandable, but I also encourage you to not give up your holistic quest for pain relief as all possible treatments are never truly exhausted. But I get it, Carrie, on my path to recovery from my autoimmune condition, there certainly were days that I felt hopeless – I didn’t give up and I hope you don’t give up either!

As I mentioned, surgeries do cause scar tissue and there is something that can help. Have you checked out serrapeptase?

Thank you so much for your heartfelt comment and I do wish you all the best in your continued search for pain relief and optimal health!

15. racheln@servjah.net' Rachel Nunez
    Jan 06, 2018 @ 14:13:03

Hello Dr. Kmiec,

I totally agree with your article … 110% ! After a hard fall on some stairs over 2 years ago, I’ve been dealing with chronic pain in my trapezius area, neck, cervical area, right shoulder, and right arm all the way down to my hand. I’ve been to so many doctors, specialists, Physical therapists, massage therapists, a Functional medicine doctor, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, been put on medications for pain, anxiety, and depression, with no real results. I even had surgery on my right shoulder because I had a torn rotator cuff. I’ve been told I have so many things, I don’t even know what to believe anymore. I’ve been trying to do my own research and am literally stuck. The latest “syndrome” I believe I may have is Myofascial Pain Syndrome, which I will see a specialist next month. All I know is that I want to get out of this pain or at the very least, minimize it so I can go back to having a functional life again.
    You mentioned people who deal with chronic pain being deficient in magnesium. What would be the appropriate amount one should take to get optimal results (not just the minimal amount) ? And with there being many types of magnesium (oxide, citrate, chloride, etc) out there, which one would you recommend for someone who has Myofascial pain?

Thanks,
    Rachel

16. Online Holistic Health
    Jan 08, 2018 @ 08:25:03

Hello Rachel! Thank you!

I prefer magnesium orotate as well as the carrier “orotate” to any mineral.

Good luck and wish you the best!

17. dcoston13@gmail.com' Dolores Coston
    Jul 20, 2018 @ 07:47:32

What brand of magnesium do you use?