Honey Ginger Lemonade
Here is a refreshing twist on a traditional summertime beverage that comes with health benefits to boot! The lemons contain a high content of Vitamin C to aid in boosting the immune system and both the Vitamin C and Ginger have amazing anti-inflammatory properties. The honey acts as a soothing sweetener and studies suggest that both honey and mint may be effective in combating symptoms of allergies!
Don’t let the season go by without trying this invigorating take on a summertime favorite!
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (approximately 6 medium sized lemons)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and sliced.
- 8 sprigs fresh mint
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups ice cubes
1. Add juice, honey, ginger and mint to a large pitcher and stir until the honey dissolves.
2. Add water and continue to stir so that the honey doesn’t settle to the bottom of the pitcher.
3. Add ice.
4. Allow the lemonade to sit for at least one hour to bring out the flavors of the ginger and mint.
5. Add a few ice cubes to each glass and using a cocktail strainer pour the lemonade over ice. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Remember to always use organic ingredients for optimal health!