Hands down the emotional component are one of the easiest imbalances to recognize, but the most difficult to change. This is the side of The Triad of Life™ that directly relates to how we think and process information, and the emotions that are brought about by our perceptions. This is why the placebo effect can CURE disease, and why the nocebo effect can CAUSE disease.
The emotional side of The Triad of Life™ actually determines whether a person can reverse a disease state or not.
This is important because it means that we have the ability to induce inflammation within our own bodies if we are unable to effectively manage stress. More importantly, inflammation can be brought on by our own thoughts and the emotions that we attach to them.
Examples of situations that directly result in an imbalance on this side of The Triad of Life™ are:
- Minor chronic negative thought patterns
- Grief (loss of a loved one)
- End of a relationship (partners, friends, family)
- Start of a new career (only if self-doubt and fear dominate)
- Worry and fear (non-paralyzing)
- Major chronic negative thought patterns
- Any of the above conditions if you can’t “let go” and move forward in life
- A negative attitude towards life (giving up)
- Paralyzing self-doubt (fear of changing anything in your life)
- Self-hatred (lack of self-acceptance)
- Worry and fear that paralyzes you
Emotional stress is universally accepted as the beginning of all disease conditions. This is because emotional stress brings about chemical changes in the body which results in inflammation.
The key is learning how to be more positive and self-accepting, to eliminate worry and fear that can be paralyzing, and to achieve balance via proven techniques and playful, imaginative thoughts.