1. diogenes0003@aol.com' Don Carroll
    Jan 14, 2012 @ 15:11:18

Excellent report on lithium – orotate. I have just recently
    began taking the “orotate”. I did feel a very slight feeling
    in my head for a short time during the day. But not now. I now don’t notice it at all.

I’m quite happy so far and grateful for this research.

Is Honesty and sincerity beginning to make a comeback!

2. caitlindhage@mailc.net' mujeres solteras
    May 02, 2014 @ 16:10:08

Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.

3. senn590@hotmail.com' Dave
    Jul 27, 2014 @ 13:35:40

Except the premise (“possibility”) that lithium orotate has higher bioavailability appears not to be true: Lithium orotate, carbonate and chloride: pharmacokinetics, polyuria in rats.Br J Pharmacol. 1976 Apr;56(4):399-402. No differences in the uptake, distribution and excretion of the lithium ion were observed between lithium orotate, lithium carbonate and lithium chloride after single intraperitoneal, subcutaneous or intragastric injections (0.5-1.0 mEq lithium/kg) or after administration of the lithium salts for 20 days in the food.

There is evidence that low-dose lithium can be beneficial irrespective of which salt, but low-dose lithium orotate is not remotely equivalent to high-dose lithium carbonate. Sales of lithium carbonate and chloride are banned, that’s why orotate and aspartate are sold as supplements.

4. Dr. Michelle Kmiec
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 10:35:32

Hi Dave!Thanks for your comment! However, I always like to look who is doing the research. In this case, Pharmacol isn’t exactly an unbiased party. With that said, all research is very useful in finding the truth. Ed Sharpe wrote an article for Global Healing Center that is quite good. I like that the article is supported by research, and that the research list is more extensive than one [potential study result. Here’s the link: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/calcium-orotate/orotates-mineral-transporters

5. maddypaints@gmail.com' Madeline Winter
    Oct 27, 2014 @ 20:16:04

Hi, I am a 65 year-old female who has been detoxing from antidepressants and benzodiazepines for over a year. My brain was fried after 20 years of pharmaceuticals. I recently developed symptoms of no-Pilate disorder with severe rapid cycling and suicidal thoughts. I found out about lithium orotate about 1 month ago. It has been helping. I have been trying to find the right dose. I will try the 30 mg per day. I was a mental health counselor, and I know that the meds caused my awful decline. I thank you for your work.

6. kquilt@gmail.com' K
    Feb 08, 2015 @ 22:02:35

Hello Madeline, What is no-Pilate disorder?

7. peace_moon_stars@yahoo.com' Marie
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 10:36:59

I’m taking lithium carbonate 300 mg 2x a day and believe it is causing me weight gain. If I switch to lithium orotate, will it help me lose weight and how much should I take?

8. peace_moon_stars@yahoo.com' Kelly
    May 04, 2015 @ 13:10:13

Im on 300 mg lithium carbonate also and wondering how much to take. I feel anxious if I wean down to 1x day but I need to stop the weight gain also. I’m thinking of getting the 120 mg lithium orotate. Thanks

9. carolgotmail@gmail.com' Carol
    May 04, 2015 @ 18:46:45

Hi Michelle,
    I really like the layout of your article. I’ve been doing a lot of research on the internet and I’ve read just about every article you had referred to. Your article here is extremely comprehensive and easy to understand. You put all the information anyone would need on the subject of lithium orotate.

My son was diagnosed bipolar 1 with psychosis and attempted suicide twice. Long story short, he’s doing great now and is only taking 900 mg/day of the lithium carbonate. I was researching lithium orotate for my personal severe insomnia and anxiety which has been ongoing for many years. When I found lithium orotate I decided to try it for myself. I’m a holistic nutritionist and wanted to take a natural supplement. I’ve tried everything else. I’ve only been taking it at bedtime for a few days and I need to give it time to see if the dosage needs to be tweaked.

That said, I was trying yo tell my son,who is 27 yo, to ask his doc about switching. I’m sure he nervous to change anything because of what he’s been through.

I’m really concerned about the future, almost guaranteed, kidney and thyroid damage. Any suggestions of how to help him understand? I’ve sent Jim articles and my husband doesn’t want me to push the issue.

Thank you for a very interesting and clear read!

10. Craigjcarlson@hotmail.com' Craig
    May 15, 2015 @ 20:47:42

Wonderful artical best one I’ve heard with lithium orotate(LO) I’ve been reading up on LO and how much LO per day would one have to take to reach a toxic level would you say? Thanks you

11. bobfrostmail@aol.com' Jake
    Aug 12, 2015 @ 11:15:08

I’ve been under a fair bit of stress lately (work related) and have been using alcohol in evenings to deal with it – a little bit too much of the stuff and a little bit too often. I haven’t regarded this as a problem but I’ve been monitoring the situation closely in the belief that booze can very quickly become a problem. I’ve been addressing the situation with supplements. I feel that 15 mg of elemental lithium orotate twice a day has been helpful. I also think I’ve benefited from a large intake of probiotics. My alcohol intake is down – I don’t feel the need for it – and I see these two products as essential in this regard. Also my mood seems better. (I also take a full range of other vitamins including injectable B12. And I take MSM. I balance Vitamin A with Vitamin D very carefully.)

12. paolathome@hotmail.com' Ana Thome
    Nov 25, 2015 @ 10:02:54

Hello, I read the 1979 abstract which says: “…The renal lithium clearance was significantly lower, the kidney weight and the lithium concentrations in serum, kidney and heart significantly higher after injection of lithium orotate than after injection of lithium carbonate…”
    It says that the concentration was higher with orotate than with carbonate
    It doesn´t make sense